HELP!!! White creatures on rocks and wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StefanSamu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I've had this planted tank setup for about a month and half now, just today I noticed small white bugs on my rocks and wood. I have 1 amano shrimp, 2 red cherry shrimp, and a horned nerite snail in the tank, which is a 10 gallon.

I know that these small white organisms are not daphnia (water fleas), or copepods. They don't spend anytime in the open water and only move around on the glass, rocks, and wood. They also have the ability to move rather quickly if approached, jump/dash. If provoked too they will swim away for a minute then land again on a surface

Could someone please tell me what these are and if they will be dangerous to keep in the tank with fish. I hope to add fish in the next week. Thank you ahead of time for all the help.

Attachments

• IMG-2057.jpg
    IMG-2057.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-2061.jpg
    IMG-2061.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 27
They may be copepods. If so I don't believe they are dangerous, in fact it seems that some people want them in their tanks. It looks like frequent water changes will eventually get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom