Help!!! Will My Little Friends Make It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went on a weekend vacation this weekend and we had a freeze advisory that I was not aware of.
I got home and the house was at 48 degrees. My tank temperature was less than 60 degrees. I have a Cardinal that seems to be ok. My clowns were also okay. The Scooter Blenny Dragonet seemed to be ok also. My blue-green-chromis and blue velvet damsel also seemed to be fine.
My concerns are my Open Brain Coral, mushrooms, Palys, Birdsnest, toadstool and finger coral. I had a fire fish that I just got Wednesday before I left. He was doing fine. Now I do not see him. Do you think he might have not made it? Also, I had a pair of Peppermint Shrimp. There is no sign of them either. I had a red legged hermit crab that seemed to abandon his shell.
I am so lost! Can someone please advise?
Thanks

Do not bring the temp up to fast, you need to get a heater if you live in the cold weather. Some might make it. And a controller for it so you don't fry every body. Sorry of the out bust, poor fish

The firefish may have hopped out of the tank and the red legged hermit crab may have burrowed under the sand bed for safety. This happened to me when I had to transfer tanks I thought he was dead. I am sorry though:(

Hey I have a glass cover and I just found him hiding under a rock. As for the hermit crab, I just saw him hiding in a bigger shell. My water is warming back up. The only problem I still see is my finger coral is still leprechaun green. He is finally showing polyps again. Yahoooooo!

Back
Top Bottom