Help with 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a male dwarf gourami once, and believe me, it teared apart almost all my other fishes in a 20g water tank with good water parameters. Sadly then I had to return him. Once in a while you would just get a rouge one.

For 10g there are a selection of tiny tetras like embers tetra but you need at least 6 of those which is fine cos they stay really tiny (2cm max size). Otherwise a single betta is beautiful in any tank. A male colorful betta will not bother any other fishes besides it's own kind.

There are a lot of small peaceful fish. Smaller Rasboras, Tetras, etc. Honey Gourami or Sparkling Gourami (tiny n cute). But if you plan to breed Guppies allow room for babies.

+1 on Endlers

Do you want to breed guppies? If so then I wouldn't get any other fish. Honestly for you I would do:
1 female guppy
Either 1 dwarf/honey gourami or 2 sparkling gouramis
5 endlers
And a handful of shrimp

I think that'd look amazing! IMO...

I have one female Guppy in my 10g right now, water conditions are all good with the tank 1/4 planted (still trying to grow Java Fern) and heated/filtered with a rock for hiding places.

Can a honey-set or any 4 inch gourami go with 3 female guppies?

If i cannot, what is a fish besides platies that i can add with 3 female guppies if a gourami won't do well with guppies?

Thank you :)

And can i also add 1 more female Guppy if there is enough room?

P.S. one last thing, there are these plant bulbs from walmart that can be planted in aquariums, will those be safe?
Walmart.com: Sea-Life Plants Live Aponogeton Aquarium Bulbs, 1ct: Fish

Thank you again. :D
Yes, IMO, a honey gourami would be fine. A dwarf gourami would probably be ok too, but I would personally suggest a honey.

Back
Top Bottom