Help with Anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would try to gently tuck it's foot between two pieces of rock, higher up on your rockscape. It's not going to get a hold of the sandbed, and it's probably roaming to find more light. It's worth a try, as long as your really careful. From there it could attach and move where it wants.
Good luck with it!

Okay thanks and does anyone recommend the odyssea light fixture brand?

I don't have personal experience with that brand, but from what I've read on here, some people have liked them and some people have not.
I believe Carey ( on this site ), has had a couple of them and she has had no issue with them.
Another poster on here said that his blew out both ballasts within a couple months. But if this were to happen, I would think that it would be covered by a warranty.
Hope this helps!

I just ordered my third odyssea fixture, this one for my 90g fish only tank. I will be on my third t5 fixture from them and have not had a single issue, knock on wood! lol

The only thing I would recommend is if you are going to use the light for corals is to replace the bulbs that come with the light fixture. The blue bulbs might be ok to keep but the whites you might not like the color of and I believe corals would do better with some higher end bulbs. :)

I'm gunna chim in on the dead fish when I started I to added salt to the display tank with a end result in 24 hours all fish snails and hermits were dead.. after plenty of research I found outs it will burn the fishes gills if added direct to the tank and inverts are sensitive to fluctuated salt parms , so premix all water and let stand in a bucket with a power head for a.few hours

bskerrichard27 said:
I'm gunna chim in on the dead fish when I started I to added salt to the display tank with a end result in 24 hours all fish snails and hermits were dead.. after plenty of research I found outs it will burn the fishes gills if added direct to the tank and inverts are sensitive to fluctuated salt parms , so premix all water and let stand in a bucket with a power head for a.few hours

Yes never add salt directly to tank. Must wait till all salt is dissolved. Usually overnight works beat and allows sufficient time for everything to dissolve and mix properly.

I should have clarified...I did premix the salt and was adding 14 oz of salt water to the filter every hour. But I used Melafix and my sleeper goby, shrimp, star fish, and nem have been doing much much better. In going to order the light today and hopefully everything will work out from there

Back
Top Bottom