help with bak pak 2R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just received a new bak pak 2R from Drs. foster and Smith. i take it out and get it ready to put on the tank. i look at the picture on the back of the last page of the instructions. Those of you with a bak pak will hopefully understand what im talking about. the picture shows that there is a washer between the oulet tupe and the outside of the skimmer, i have that. but, it also shows one on the inside between the big black plastic bolt thing and the inside of the skimmer, i dont have one of those. the inlet has washers on both the inside and outside. did anyone elses skimmers com with only one washer for the output?

I have a Bak Pak with the washers... I took a look at it, and it doesn't seem to do much. It could be run w/o them as far as I noticed. To be sure, I would call either CPR directly, or DR F&S to check parts lists and see if you should have one. Either of them should supply replacement parts if you do not have them.

Regardless... I would at least phone them and ask. HTH :wink:

well i put the skimmer on the tank and got it running. its not leaking or anything and i dont see what could go wrong without the washer. i'll watch it and make sure nothing happens. thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom