Help With Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ohsnapitscharity

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I am getting ready to start a Betta tank. I am on a budget other wise id go all out. I'm looking to do a 3-5gallon tank for just the Betta and MAYBE some shrimp. This is the filter I will be using (though I'll change the filter media to something without carbon) Tetra Whisper 3i In-Tank Filter - Filters - Fish - PetSmart . There will be no heater as it will stay in my room which is 75-80 degrees year round (yes, I know my room is warm haha). So how would you do this the cheapest way possible not including the Betta. Thanks in advance!

Finding a used tank on craigslist is always a good way to save money.

I've been searching my local craigslist for weeks to no avail. I'm will be checking out my local goodwill in a couple hours. As far as pricing I was talking about decor mostly I suppose. And lighting because not all small tanks come with lighting.

You could find some rocks and driftwood at a creek or river near you. A cheap shop light at home depot could be a cheap option, but wont be as aestheticly pleasing.

You could find some rocks and driftwood at a creek or river near you. A cheap shop light at home depot could be a cheap option, but wont be as aestheticly pleasing.

I beg to differ on the shop light. I love it :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391809242.162768.jpg but yea looking in the goodwill/thrift store is a great idea when looking for fish items. I find tanks, decor, filters and pumps for under $5 and I snatch them up all the time haha. I also look at yard sales !

Soo...I GOT THE TANK 5gallons! Yay! So I was thinking of first filling it densely with decor and getting some ghost shrimp. Also getting a baby bristle nose pleco. They are only an inch long. Yes, I know they need a bigger tank and I do have a 30 gallon on standby. Also, also have an empty ten gallon and would rather transfer everything to it. More room the better right ? but I need to know, can I build a stand out of PVC? Thanks ahead of time for all your future answers! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422018529.823639.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422018604.839896.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422018643.223244.jpg the photos of him are in his old 1.5gallon tank. Yay for upgrades!

Charity

Back
Top Bottom