Help with clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GSXRDan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a Perculla clown today and after acclimating him, dropped him into my tank. I already have one dominoe damsel and one blac/white striped one, they are about 4 months in my tank. After like 20 minutes, the dominoe became real aggressive towards my clown, to the point that the clown is now hidden and swimming sideways. Please tell me whats up

Dominos are probably one of the most aggressive of all damsels. You might have to QT the domino and rearrange your tank. Let the clown get settled in then, return the damsel.

clownface said:
damsels are too aggreesive and are 2 territoral, get the clown out of the tank asap
I agree, one or the other needs to go. A Domino damsel is a holy terror in even the largest of tank. In a 20 gal, you won't be able to house anything with it. The Domino will kill any addition.

Cheers
Steve

I just returned the two damsels to the lfs. They took them back and told me to come back in a few days and they will trade me something more docile and likely to get along with the clown. Any recommendations? Also, I was wondering what kind of anemone would be compatible. I've heard rose or bubble tip and also long tentacle will be good.

Well, my theory's on anemone's were shaken today but the bta seem to be pretty hardy. You should be ok with one for awhile in a 20gal, just keep in mind, these anemones get large.

Yeah, I'm planning on purchasing a 75-100 gallon tank in a while and turning the 20 into a refugium. Thank you for the advice

I would stick with another clown, a firefish, or a royal gramma.

I plan on getting 2 percula clowns, 1 firefish, and 1 royal gramma for my 38 gallon. All three are very hardy, easy to keep, peaceful and they all look great. And I would think 3 out of the 4 could be housed in a 20 gallon long as the cycle was done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom