Help with DIY LED's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyghtryderz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have spent alot of hours reading information about LED's and this seems to be the best option because I dont want to upgrade to something that is cheaper but not as good so I'm going to go LED's. My tank is a 75 Gal at 48Lx18Wx20H. I've been drawing all over the side of my tank with dry erase markers and i think ive finally came up with the final product of doing (2) 7" x 15" pieces of heat sink for the 56 LED lights. I am going to center the two pieces evenly on the top of the canopy which covers alot of the tank. only 5" of empty space between end of tank and heat sink and between the two heat sinks and 5" front to back that the heat sink doesnt cover but the LEDs will definitly cover that.

My biggest difficulty was i thought that there was a specific way to place the LEDs on the heat sink but from looking at pictures alot of them they are extremely different.

So this is what i have seen and not sure what would be best.

Option 1
A = RB LED
C= NW Led
A A A A A A A A A A space A A A A A A A A A 19 RB
C C C C C C C C C space C C C C C C C C C 18 NW
A A A A A A A A A space A A A A A A A A A A 19 RB

Option 2
A = RB LED
C= NW Led
C A A C A A C A A Space C A A C A A C A A 12 RB, 6 NW
A A C A A C A A C A Space A A C A A C A A C 13 RB, 6 NW
A C A A C A A C A Space A A C A A C A A C A 13 RB, 6 NW

Option 3
A = RB LED
C= NW Led
C A C A C A C A C A Space A C A C A C A C A 10 RB, 9 NW
A A A A A A A A A Space A A A A A A A A A 18 RB
A C A C A C A C A Space A C A C A C A C A C 10 RB, 9 NW

Let me know what ya'll opinion is. If you have a different configuration that may work let me know.

If anyone has any pictures of how the LED wire go from power supply to dimmable drivers to dimming switch to LEDs please send them to me through the thread or PM. Thanks for the help

Check out superbrightled.com they have graphs and blueprints on splicing connecting and so on

Back
Top Bottom