Help With Finding a Fish For 1 Gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aquarium stand ideas.

I often keep my Aquariums on a dresser (10 gallons and up) or desk (10 gallon or smaller so I can still work on it). A wide bookshelf could work too if it is sturdy. If they are made of nicer wood I usually put a section of vinyl tablecloth cut to size to protect it from possible water spillage. You can often find furniture on craigslist (or curbside) cheap or free and they do double duty for storage.(y)

Edit: (ok so I thought you said 25 gallon - maybe this wouldn't work for a 225 gallon. Holy Cow! Moving up fast are we?) :D

Last edited:
specification-lol!

If they are made of nicer wood I usually put a section of vinyl tablecloth cut to size to protect it from possible water spillage.

I meant the furniture, not the aquarium :D And glass aquariums are really easy (and cheap) to fix, I'd just google it real fast. (y)

Sweet about your pop giving you a hand with the stand. Make sure you post pictures with the results!

I would recommend a 10 gallon, try craigslist, you can get some great deals!

A betta fish needs a minimum tank of 2.5 gallon tank you could put shrimp snails or an African dwarf frog and I don't think a guppy would be a good choice and whatever you do don't get a goldfish

You should get a betta because you can't but them with anything else and they're really easy when you have to deal with them

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

We got somewhere around 13"...sure made me wish for hot summer days and a cold one gallon beer mug. ;)

Seriously... A gallon isn't much living space even for a betta, all things considered (substrate, plants, etc). I know this thread is old, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We got somewhere around 13"...sure made me wish for hot summer days and a cold one gallon beer mug. ;)

Seriously... A gallon isn't much living space even for a betta, all things considered (substrate, plants, etc). I know this thread is old, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Gonna find your other thread so we stay on topic here.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Plant a Venus fly trap in there... than place the beer mug next to it! !!! I win:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Go for a nice colony of 3 shrimp with big plant tangles. Lol, so many posts for this thread.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

A betta is great for a 1 gallon tank. Don't ever put two betas in a tank though, no matter what size it is.

A betta is great for a 1 gallon tank. Don't ever put two betas in a tank though, no matter what size it is.

Keeping multiple bettas in one tank is very possible and actually done quite a bit among experienced keepers. You should do some research on betta sororities before advising against something.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom