Help with fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tellurye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went to the LFS today, got some wisteria for my tank... and somehow a fish came with it in the bag! I was very surprised to see him in there.

I have NO clue what he is. I'd take a picture or try to describe in more detail, but I'm an idiot and I just dumped him in my tank and I have no idea where he's hiding lol.

Ok so here's what I can *remember* about the brief few moments that I saw him:

-Very small. Maybe an inch in length.
-Very eel-like. Did see a back fin but no side fins, they were probably there but I I jut couldn't see them because he's so small.
-Black+White(maybe on the white, fuzzy memory) vertical fat stripes.
-Again, VERY EEL-Like. Like a snake.

That's all I got. Start throwing some fish at me!!

Thanks,
B

Hm it MIGHT be a small oranate bichir because of how you described it but without a picture it's very very hard to tell. A pic would be very nice. I can't think of any other fish it could be.

Na, unfortunately I don't think so. I just googled images of ornate bichirs, but not very similar at all. Very defined fat vertical stripes. And the tail fin was like that of any normal fish, not going up the back of the spine like on a bichir. Thanks though!

YEP! That's it!! Thank you so much :D Now to find out about pangio khuli...

fairly easy fish to care for, though you are going to want at least five more. they are a very social fish and if kept alone, they will never come out. i love my kuhliis

Thanks!

Yeah I was just looking up info about him... I really can't get more because the tank would be over-stocked, and it's a SA cichlid tank. If i can wrangle him up in the next water change, I'll probably bring him back to the LFS. I didn't mean to get him, but they do seem really cute! But my tank is not ideal for him, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom