Help with identifying this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerseyGirl1385

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys! I have a beautiful tank set up at my job and I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of fish this is- its Freshwater and housed with 2 large Angelfish and 4 Cherry Barbs.

Attachments

• image-1732808448.jpg
    image-1732808448.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 71
It looks like a tin foil barb. Them things get huge! They're supposed to be in a school but I would rehouse it immediately.

Thanks :) I never knew- and it's at my job. They've been there for 5 years- so I'm going to assume they're ok!

+1 tin foil barb. They can grow over 1 ft long and require a large tank, approx 300g.

No Mohican it isn't! I have a 37g and a 5g and it's the same length and height as my 37g.
They seem fine to me ATM but I've been there for 1.5 years and they've been there since the day I started ( and I know they weren't that big then bc I didn't notice them)
The residents love the tank- they're always sitting by it and talking about the 2 big fish lol
I'll have to mention it to the person who cares for the tank.

Yeah if you keep them in that small of a tank for too long then they might get stunted, which drastically shortens the lifespan of the fish. I recommend moving it to a much bigger aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom