Help with Java Fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enjoyaquarium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

am I able to keep Java fern in a 2 gallon fish bowl? If yes, from whom can I buy some. Im in Hatfield, PA.

Thank you :)

Nope. despite java fern needing really no light whatsoever, its still better for the plant. plus with the addititon of co2 and ferts, its much better for the plant, so sadly no:/

enjoyaquarium said:
Hi,

am I able to keep Java fern in a 2 gallon fish bowl? If yes, from whom can I buy some. Im in Hatfield, PA.

Thank you :)

Don't see why not. Attach it to a small rock, drop it in, give it a little bit of light and see how it does.
Don't know where you can get it locally, call around. Try an ad in the Classifieds forum, someone always has some to sell and shipping tends to be very low.

You could try it; would be a cheap enough experiment. It would need to be totally submersed underwater though and you might need something to root it down (attach it to a small rock or add some substrate to the bowl). Make sure it gets some indirect light at least. You might have to change the water fairly often b/c lack of circulation could cause algae and stuff to grow especially if it gets too much sun. Most local fish stores should sell Java Ferns; I know the big chains around here sell them.
Also I hope the fern is the only thing in that 2 gal bowl and not any fish? :)

Back
Top Bottom