Help With My Stock List for 80 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njphin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I will slowly be turning my 80 Gallon tank into a reef tank So Im looking to add fish that are reef safe, peaceful and have some color. So far I have 2 Chromis and I'm looking to add these:
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Diamond Watchman Goby
Royal Gramma Basslet
I would love to add 2 tangs 1 definitely being Kole Yellow Eye Tang, which one of these would I have the best chance of it getting along with my Kole if I add them at the same time? (yellow tang, Convict Tang, Bristletooth Tomini Tang, Mimic Half Black Tang, Two Spot Bristletooth Tang).
Is there any way of adding an Angel fish that won't nip at the coral?
Any suggestions to this list? Thanks

Most angels aren't reef safe. Also I'm not sure if you have the space for another tang. Although I could be wrong. I love Marine Comet Fish. they are an old reef classic that have seem to fallen out of popularity in recent years (They munch on crustaceans but most CUCs just consist out of snails and maybe 4-5 hermits now.)

with 80 gallons your are going to be maxed at one tang, and one of the smaller species at that. When you say angel i'm going to assume you mean dwarf angel, and getting one that doesn't nip at coral is complete luck. They could be in there for 3 years and never touch your coral and one day just decide to devour it. Really no way to predict it.

I have the 2 chromis and I just added a Yellow Watchman Goby and a
Royal Gramma Basslet. My next addition is going to be a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse and then a Kole Yellow Eye Tang after that I am not sure what else. Going to leave any Angel fish out as I don't want to take the chance.

Make sure you give adequate time (1 mo) for your bacteria colonies to catch up before you add more fish. Are you running a skimmer or anything on this tank? If not after that Kole you are being pretty close to maxed out on fish.

Yes I run a protein skimmer which has been doing a good job so far. I have it running in my 20 gallon sump. Thinking maybe a pair of Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse and then a Kole Yellow Eye and then that would be it.

Make sure you have a lid or something to prevent the Wrasse from jumping out of your tank. I like the Kole tangs, nice choice. Maybe try an Atlantic Blue Tang?

Yes I run a protein skimmer which has been doing a good job so far. I have it running in my 20 gallon sump. Thinking maybe a pair of Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse and then a Kole Yellow Eye and then that would be it.

That sounds like a plan.

Atlantic Blues can get 9" and are a pretty tall fish. I would say you are borderline on being able/should keep one.

Back
Top Bottom