Help With My Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have changed up my stock ideas a few times but I think I Finaly figured it out. This is for my 75 Gallon Planted Low-Tech Tank. This will be a slow prosses beings I plan on getting some delicate fish.

10 Neon or Cardinal Tetra
4 Blue German Rams (2x Male 2x Female)
2 Discus (Pair)
3 Dwarf Gourami
5 Zebra Loaches
1 Vampire Pleco

Give me your ideas and tell me what you think.

Here are the fish i want to have in my tank

Guppies - around 10-15
Dwarf Gouramis ~ 3 or so
A groupd of Loachs (Unsure how many i should have)

Also want an idea for a cool Pleco nothing more then 60$ for the pleco however

I have a 75 Gallon Planted tank and I am looking for some cool center peice fish that are going to be my larger fish in the tank, I am intrested in haveing a school of neon tetras to however but so inclue if the fish are compatible with them or not, i dont have to have the Neons so if you have a good idea for fish that dont get along with them thats ok list them anyways.

Give me your ideas!!!

It depends on the loaches. What type did you have in mind? The DGs could work, personally IME I kept a trio of honey gold DGs with lots of success before two were gone in a massive wipeout.

Neon tetras can work in that tank.

A cool pleco...IMO bristlenoses, pitbulls, rubberlips, spotted ones and salfins all look cool.

Have you tried any of the dwarf cichlids? Some examples are apistos, GBRs, keyholes, and kribs-which I kinda consider "dwarves"-just to name a few. You could also try a king betta, they get pretty big.

im thinking of maybe a Vampire Pleco, The loachs are proabably going to be Clown Loaches i like them alot. I want something like Angel fish or a larger fish that is very colorful, I know angelfish and tetras wont work thats why im looking for more ideas, id really like to get German blue rams but i dont know how agressive they are.

that was before i decided my stock list wouldnt work as i had planned it so decided it was best to just scratch the last one and repost a new one. and it was from your advice that i figured it wouldnt work out.

CleverBs said:
im thinking of maybe a Vampire Pleco, The loachs are proabably going to be Clown Loaches i like them alot. I want something like Angel fish or a larger fish that is very colorful, I know angelfish and tetras wont work thats why im looking for more ideas, id really like to get German blue rams but i dont know how agressive they are.

I have no experience with Vampire Plecos so I can't speak for them.

Clown loaches...75 gallons is big. But clown loaches grow big too. I don't know if you could fit a proper school in there.

GBRs aren't that aggressive. More shy than they are pugnacious.

I have no experience with Vampire Plecos so I can't speak for them.

Clown loaches...75 gallons is big. But clown loaches grow big too. I don't know if you could fit a proper school in there.

GBRs aren't that aggressive. More shy than they are pugnacious.

After more reading about clown loaches i may have to forget that idea as well...strange that petco and petsmart sell these fish when they require a larger tank then most people use.

I made my final stock list, I am dropping the Guppies and am just going to keep them in my 10 gallon tank, I feel as if their constant movement on top of the tank would take away from the way the tank will look and think they would do best in my 10 gallon anyways

That looks good to me. Discus are so lovely!
I think you could have posted it in your other thread though rather than starting a new one. It is also easier for me to read if you just put a new post with each stock list rather than updating your original post, but that might just be me. So, no worries.

That looks good to me. Discus are so lovely!
I think you could have posted it in your other thread though rather than starting a new one. It is also easier for me to read if you just put a new post with each stock list rather than updating your original post, but that might just be me. So, no worries.

the old one will not let me edit it =/.

Also im new to the forum i really didnt know it was going to be a big deal to repost something sorry i dont have much experiance on these kinds of websites

the old one will not let me edit it =/.

Also im new to the forum i really didnt know it was going to be a big deal to repost something sorry i dont have much experiance on these kinds of websites
Its not a big deal.:) We are here to help, so I just giving you advice on what is the easiest for us to read and help you with, Thats all.
Your stock list does look nice though. You seem to have gotten good adbice from everybody. :)

Its not a big deal.:) We are here to help, so I just giving you advice on what is the easiest for us to read and help you with, Thats all.
Your stock list does look nice though. You seem to have gotten good adbice from everybody. :)

yeah people on here have been great, i have done hours of reading online about every asspect of my tank and honestly I have learned way more on this site beings people are able to give me the information i need from their own experince.

I hope i can raise Discus without an issue, I have read that they die alot before reachin adulthood so Im not sure what to really do and that i cant tell when they look like when they are little.

Back
Top Bottom