Help with Ryukin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troyd75826

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 2-3 inch ryukin (not including tail) that is sitting on the tank floor. He moves to eat but ultimately just drops like a rock to the floor. Water parameters are excellent, so no issues there. He is in a 65 gal tank with 5 other smaller fancies. The others swim around normally and vigorously.

I am sure this is a swim bladder, but how can I fix it? I have fed peas yesterday and am withholding food today. Any suggestions?

Try and get help as soon as possible - how long has he been like this? Go to your local pet store and get some Swim Bladder meds... Peas don't always help! My fish died of swim bladder and trust me ~ it's not nice watching them suffer and it caused me (and my family) a lot of stress...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410125913.191184.jpg
^^^
RIP Athena xx miss you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can you give me any names of these meds?

I'm from England but the stuff I recommend they sell at my local Pets At Home and they might sell it on amazon too! It's called Interpet Swim Bladder Treatment. I got some to try and save my fish but unfortunately, it was too late and they died the next day x hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom