Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacqueline13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my mom bought this air pump/ filter thing at a garage sale for my 10 gallon tank to be. But... I don't know how to use it. I know that obviously the filter goes in the water but it has that clear tube attached to it and the other end is attached to the pump. So does the pump go in the water also or... How does this work?

Jacqueline13 said:
So my mom bought this air pump/ filter thing at a garage sale for my 10 gallon tank to be. But... I don't know how to use it. I know that obviously the filter goes in the water but it has that clear tube attached to it and the other end is attached to the pump. So does the pump go in the water also or... How does this work?

image-3051167420.jpg

Here's a pic

I assume it's a sponge filter. in that case, the pump itself stays out of the water with the clear air line going into the water into the tube that is attached to the sponge.

Well I took it apart and the filter has this on the inside. The top is the lid, the middle is the center with the filter and the back is... Well I don't know exactly what that is but it's what is attached to the tube

image-2833786847.jpg

its an air stone. these filters are good for when your breeding anything because the babies wont get sucked in. the way it works it the air pump pushes are into the filter creating a spot of low pressure and the water which is high pressure wants to fill the void. i hope that helped explain it. these arent very strong filters.

well if you plan to breed fish or shrimp its always good to have.

Back
Top Bottom