help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how do i raise them and i do have them separated from adults

I'm raising guppies right now. About 60-80 of them. I had 4 guppies have babies. 20+ each. I feed them to my angels to grow them quick :)
Guppy fry are easy. They handle any tank. Warm or cold. They even survive in drinking cups if u give them new water daily. Hardiest fish I have ever owned.
I know they prefer water of ph7.0 or higher.
Water hardness has never been an issue for me with guppies, they seem to handle anything.
Feed them crushed up flake and keep the parents in a separate tank as they will start eating their young even when they are still popping fry out :O
Oh an try a water change every two days. Makes them grow a bit quicker.
You really can't go wrong with these guys. If there are any more questions feel free to ask :)

Separate the fry from the adults. Adults will eat them... We use a breeder box for the fry like this: Penn Plax Net Breeder at PETCO

Throw some Java moss in there, feed them finely crushed flake food, freshly hatched brine shrimp, boiled egg yokes. You have many choices. Make sure your water is kept very clean. You will need to feed them every 2 or 3 hours. They can feed off the java moss too while you sleep.

thank you. i did a little research and found i need something called microworms does any one know about this?!

Read about them. Supposed to be very good food. I haven't used them myself, we have been hatching brine shrimp in a 2L bottle to feed our fry, they love em.

You don't NEED any special foods but it is nice. You can simply crush up the normal flake food into a fine powder and feed them that, small amounts three or four times a day.

Back
Top Bottom