Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could be anything from lack of oxygen to illness. Could you give us more information possibly to help you diagnose.
Tank size, type of fish, recent health history? When did this start? Pictures:)

I agree more information would be helpful but taking a random guess I would say either lack of oxygen or they're just top dwelling fish. My Harlequin Rasboras hardly ever leave the top 1/3 of my tank.

Why are my fish hanging at the top?

Happy discus will move gracefully all over the tank! Have you got an air pump with air stone in your setup and is there good water surface movement??? And do you inject the tank with a co2 system??? If you don't use co2 and have got an air pump and good water surface movement and the discus are still just sitting at the top this is because of either an illness or they are scared of another tank mate below! Which other fish do you have in the tank??? Also try turning the light off for an hour or so and see if they are still at the top if they are stressed they will stay at the top the light off should calm them down a bit and help them to slip back into normal life if this is the case you need to find out what it is stressing them out and remove it! Hope I've helped.

Happy discus will move gracefully all over the tank! Have you got an air pump with air stone in your setup and is there good water surface movement??? And do you inject the tank with a co2 system??? If you don't use co2 and have got an air pump and good water surface movement and the discus are still just sitting at the top this is because of either an illness or they are scared of another tank mate below! Which other fish do you have in the tank??? Also try turning the light off for an hour or so and see if they are still at the top if they are stressed they will stay at the top the light off should calm them down a bit and help them to slip back into normal life if this is the case you need to find out what it is stressing them out and remove it! Hope I've helped.

Joey
Thanks! You did help! I didn't realize the higher the temp in the tank the less oxygen ! I added an air disk bubbler ! What a difference! I'm a happy camper!
Thanks again
George

Back
Top Bottom