Here are a few updated pics of my corals.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I resized when I saved them to my photo album and went too small with them. I may upload them again and leave them larger.

Way to go Allen. Great looking pics. I think a whole tank pic would be great.

Wow....that is really impressive. In your first batch of pictures what is the 3rd one up from the bottom (the green one on the sand)? Also, is your clown hosting an open brain coral??

Thanks!! Now I want something BIGGER!!! LOL. I'm getting ready to setup a 55g frag tank with T5 lighting. I have corals over growing corals and I need to frag.

Looks good.
Nice male lyretail. You need to get him a few mates ;) I have 1 male and 2 females.

Well good thing they died at the lfs and not in your tank after you paid for them. Where you getting 3 females or total of 3 - 1 male and 2 females? I would like to get another female, but I don't think a 4' tank is big enough for them. My male isn't nearly as active as the females. They zip all over the tank and could definitely use a 6' tank.

frag tank huh? excess corals? I know someplace you can "put" them. :D

Seriously, amazing tank! I think I lost my montipora to that red algae problem I am having, but hopefully when the tank gets under control I can get another and buy a green frag off of you!

I am very pleased with the success of this tank. I don't think I have lost any corals as of yet. I have a couple that aren't doing as well as I would like but that's how it goes sometimes. My bubble coral hasn't done very well since I got it. I've tried a few different things to get it back to good health. As it turns out I moved it to the bottom of the tank in a slightly shaded area and it has perked back up. I also have one acro (yellow) that hasn't shown any growth since it was put in the tank almost 3 months ago. All in all though my corals have grown very well and have excellent color. I think in the next few months I will be adding a CA reactor as the demand has gone up a lot. I have been sticking to bi-weekly water changes of about 25-30 gallons and that has kept my CA levels high enough for the growth. I think it is just time to add a reactor so I can keep the levels consistant.

I'm going to take the extra 55g tank I have and set it up as a frag tank. It's not so much that I have excess corals I just want to keep a few of them from going too crazy.

Back
Top Bottom