Here my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any questions I'd b happy to assist if ur thinking about sourcing one. 270 litre acrylic with brushed metal top and bottom. Lots of set up issues but starting to take shape now. Got a large mango type root ordered as centre piece. Then it will be a mixture of different level fish. 2 spare plecs I had currently loving it and assisting with cycling!!

Attachments

• image-1063004065.jpg
    image-1063004065.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 283
That tank is going to look sweet when done! Hope cycling and preparations go quickly and with no problems (y)

Took ages to find this massive resin mango root ornament. Think it looks great. Just need loads o bright coloured fish now!!!

Attachments

• image-2040655993.jpg
    image-2040655993.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 239
looks awesome. what are you putting in it? the shape will really limit choices

Thanks. It's in my lounge, sitting room, whatever u wanna call it. It stands beside my tv. Thinking half a dozen large angles, large shoal of tetras and some silver dollars, and maybe a few clown loaches. It's 270 litre so even with it having small surface, should be ok with them. Couple of plecs in it just now for cycling and they love it!

Thanks. It's in my lounge, sitting room, whatever u wanna call it. It stands beside my tv. Thinking half a dozen large angles, large shoal of tetras and some silver dollars, and maybe a few clown loaches. It's 270 litre so even with it having small surface, should be ok with them. Couple of plecs in it just now for cycling and they love it!
that just seems like to much. clown loaches need like 125 gallons,and as i said before,the hight would really limit you. maybe a pair of angels,some smaller corys,and a school of tetras

Thanks for advice. Il have a think. I've just bought another 180l juwel standard tank so always got that, as well as my 260 juwel so I've got options. I also got 11 small fry, quarantine, hospital tanks all cycling so I get plenty options. !!

Very cool looking tank but like alexx was saying it will be a pain to stock. It's hard to tell from the picture but how wide is it? The width of the tank is what will really determine the type and amount of fish you can get.

Ducatiman said:
It's 600mm across so pretty reasonable!

:breaks out conversion app:

Ok so about 23" wide, that's pretty good size, I would stock it very similar to a 20 long. Even though it has all the height it's the width of the tank with the room to swim back and forth that real dictates your stock.

I know what you mean but the plecs are swimming up and down more than they ever swam left and right in my 4th tank. The fish seem to love the depth! As it's well over 3 feet in swimming depth.

Looks nice it's all about surface area so oxygen can mix well with the water a air pump with stones in the bottom will let you add more fish but does look cool
Lee

I'm in the UK, got in on eBay. All the bits that come with it are Chinese (pump, heater, filter, lighting and its all working fine) but the actual tub and lid and base is very good indeed.

It really does look awesome. I agree that clown loaches are too big and so are silver dollars. It is a good angel tank though plus a schooling tetra species or 2. I think 4 are the most angels you could get by with, but it would depend on the temperament of the individual angels, so a pair is probably better. They would have the vertical swimming space, but it is harder for them to set up territories vertically, so that why a pair would probably be better. Any ideas about schooling species you like? Rummynose tetras or purple passion danios would look nice IMO.

I agree with what u say. But got 5 clowns in and they will be there til a few inches then i'l rehome them. Also got 6 small assorted angels, again once they get bigger and hopefully get a pair or 2 then i'l remove others. I've got 11 smaller tanks. One with 25 danios and one with 50 small tetras. Tank needs colour so think I might drop in 20 tetras. Guppies would add some colour but I breed them in other tanks so not too sure. Dollars are out as they didn't give it much substance.

I agree with what u say. But got 5 clowns in and they will be there til a few inches then i'l rehome them. Also got 6 small assorted angels, again once they get bigger and hopefully get a pair or 2 then i'l remove others. I've got 11 smaller tanks. One with 25 danios and one with 50 small tetras. Tank needs colour so think I might drop in 20 tetras. Guppies would add some colour but I breed them in other tanks so not too sure. Dollars are out as they didn't give it much substance.
Good plan with the clowns and angels. I would avoid guppies with angels because angels will likely eat them. Angels should be with tetras bigger than their mouths (adult sized mouth). Personally, I keep tetras over 2 inches or else fatter bodied tetras in with my angels. But, there are soooooooo many options. The angels will look awesome in there, especially with some colored fish too.:)

Back
Top Bottom