Here's my first planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparrowsong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's my first planted tank! It's a 20g long with 1betta, 5 neon tetras, 5 Rasbora's, two salt and pepper Cory's and a few zebra nerite snails. :)

Attachments

• 20160707_191606.jpg
    20160707_191606.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20160707_191517.jpg
    20160707_191517.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20160707_191810.jpg
    20160707_191810.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20160707_191940.jpg
    20160707_191940.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 89
This is awesome.

Is this a wasp nest?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467942214.619535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you!!

:lol: no, it's a "twinkle star" moss I bought on Amazon. It was dead looking when i got it, but I'm trying to give it a chance. Not much progress though, and Amazon offered to refund my money if I send it back. I have until the end of this month to send it back, so I'll hang in there until then to see if it does anything before I give up on it and send it back. :)

Oh so it is the webbing holding down the moss. Lol.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Nice driftwood!
At first glance I thought this was a 12g long (on account of the shallow depth). Then I realized it was because of the substrate depth. How deep is it and what is in it?
The plant in the front right corner looks semi-aquatic at best. Can't recall the name but pet stores often pass it off as an aquatic aquarium plant. Keep an eye on it.

Nice driftwood!
At first glance I thought this was a 12g long (on account of the shallow depth). Then I realized it was because of the substrate depth. How deep is it and what is in it?
The plant in the front right corner looks semi-aquatic at best. Can't recall the name but pet stores often pass it off as an aquatic aquarium plant. Keep an eye on it.

Well spotted. It's a species of dracaena otherwise know as ribbon plant. I fell in to this trap too.

Thanks! It's a 20g long. I just got that plant from PetSmart, can't remember what it was called, but I will keep an eye on it, thanks! The rest are java ferns and moss and mostly low-light plants I got from Aquatic Arts. I'll make a list of everything I used when I get a second. :)

So here's my list of materials I used...
Caribsea Eco-complete 20 lb black sand
CaribseaTahitian money sand black 5 lb
Petsmart 5 lb gravel
Beams work ETD 6500k 0.50 w LED light
Tetra 40 Whisper air pump
Aquaclear 20 power filter
Air stone
Anubias batteri Nana
Anubias coffeefolia
Coca star moss
Cryptocorne wendtii
Dwarf hair grass
Java fern
Apologeton ulvaceus bulbs
Philippines java fern
Bamboo flame moss
Nanos Marino balls
Taiwan moss
Narrow leaf micro sword
Small amazon sword
Chola wood

Whew! :blink:

Nice driftwood!

Well spotted. It's a species of dracaena otherwise know as ribbon plant. I fell in to this trap too.

Most of us did, and its a shame they still sell it as such. It looks good for a few months, then bleh..

So here's my list of materials I used...
Caribsea Eco-complete 20 lb black sand
CaribseaTahitian money sand black 5 lb
Petsmart 5 lb gravel
Beams work ETD 6500k 0.50 w LED light
Tetra 40 Whisper air pump
Aquaclear 20 power filter
Air stone
Anubias batteri Nana
Anubias coffeefolia
Coca star moss
Cryptocorne wendtii
Dwarf hair grass
Java fern
Apologeton ulvaceus bulbs
Philippines java fern
Bamboo flame moss
Nanos Marino balls
Taiwan moss
Narrow leaf micro sword
Small amazon sword
Chola wood

Whew! :blink:

Tank looks awesome man! That big piece of driftwood on the left looks familar, is it this piece with all the other plants taken off? I think it looks better like that. :brows:

Most of us did, and its a shame they still sell it as such. It looks good for a few months, then bleh..

Tank looks awesome man! That big piece of driftwood on the left looks familar, is it this piece with all the other plants taken off? I think it looks better like that. :brows:

Yep! That's it! I just took off the plastic plants. :D

Back
Top Bottom