hermit carry mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

produceb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any advice, I had bought what I thought was just a rock with 2 small mushroom corals on it. This morning it was moving around. It was a shell and now one of the hermit crabs has made it his home. Any ideas I was thinking of yanking out the crab and chipping off the corals. Dont really want to kill the crab, but may have to. Any good ideas would be apperciated.

Only thing I can think to do would be to remove it from water, try and pry/wedge the mushroom off (either with something like a credit card or the dull end of a razor blade) and spare the shell and hermit. Have some superglue handy, and reglue the mushroom to a piece of rock rubble or something else. Should work just fine. Good luck!

What type of super glue? What is the best way to do this with out injuring the coral. I glued him to a rock but he fell off after a day. I dont think I let it dry long enough. I was scared I would kill the coral. Thanks for the help

It needs to be super glue gel. But if you are talking about mushrooms there are other ways also. Taking a fish line and gently tying around the rock and shroom till it attaches and then taking line off. The key with super glue gel is hold till it sticks and then placing in a bowl of tank water till it pretty well hardens and then into your tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom