Hey, hey! It's Fat Albert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellebogen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Oops, I lied. It's normal Ellebogen. I don't exactly know what to say here except for the fact that any regular members of this forum will probably often see panicked posts from me about how I'm afraid my fish might be dying because one of them swam at me wrong.

I'm eighteen and very new to fish-keeping. I mean still cycling my tank new. My boyfriend got me a black moor goldfish in a tiny tiny fishbowl when I was sick with bronchitis and on bed-rest. Due to the lack of cycling and generally me running around like a mad person trying to get this fish to live, it died. However, I decided to legitimately start a tank because Derpy 1.0 made me so happy.

I currently have a ten-gallon tank that has two REAL plants in it (SUPER COOL RIGHT?) and I just got my first huge nitrite spike. Like massive. So I decided that it's probably time for me to start actually figuring out what type of fish I want in my tank.

tl;dr: I'm a newbie to aquariums and have a ten gallon tank. I want at least more than one fish. What fish can I get that can be happy and healthy and lively in a ten gallon?

Thanks!

Oops, I lied. It's normal Ellebogen. I don't exactly know what to say here except for the fact that any regular members of this forum will probably often see panicked posts from me about how I'm afraid my fish might be dying because one of them swam at me wrong.

I'm eighteen and very new to fish-keeping. I mean still cycling my tank new. My boyfriend got me a black moor goldfish in a tiny tiny fishbowl when I was sick with bronchitis and on bed-rest. Due to the lack of cycling and generally me running around like a mad person trying to get this fish to live, it died. However, I decided to legitimately start a tank because Derpy 1.0 made me so happy.

I currently have a ten-gallon tank that has two REAL plants in it (SUPER COOL RIGHT?) and I just got my first huge nitrite spike. Like massive. So I decided that it's probably time for me to start actually figuring out what type of fish I want in my tank.

tl;dr: I'm a newbie to aquariums and have a ten gallon tank. I want at least more than one fish. What fish can I get that can be happy and healthy and lively in a ten gallon?

Thanks!

Congrats on upgrading from a bowl, always an accomplishment in my book!
First things first do you still have the goldfish?
If you do long story short goldfish are too big and messy for a ten gallon.
Now if you don't have the goldfish here is a list that I can think of for the time being.
The fish I'd recommend are:
Neon tetras
Chili Rasboras
Dwarf or pygmy corydoras
Glowlight tetras
White cloud mountain minnows
Otocinclus
Dwarf gourami
The list can go on and on which somebody more experienced then me will probably help you with.
Good luck with the rest of your cycle and I hope I helped!

Ok just noticed you said your goldfish died.
Sorry for your loss. But at least it isn't suffering anymore.
And now you can get some beautiful tropicals for your new tank!

Back
Top Bottom