Hey is my 10 gallon overstocked? I want to add a snail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melisa830

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fishes:
1 male Betta
6 Glowlight Rasbora ( max ~1 inch)
1 Bumblebee Goby ( max ~1 inch)
5 Pygmy Hatchetfish ( max ~1 inch)

Everyone is getting along there is no fin nipping or aggression towards each other. I do weekly water changes and testing. I have a 20 gallon filter on my 10 gallon tank as well as aeration in the tank.

Technically most would say yes you are overstocked. And honestly snails graze and poop alllll day. But it's your call ultimately if your water tests well enough to add one. And if you feel your fish are cramped enough as it is :)

Technically most would say yes you are overstocked. And honestly snails graze and poop alllll day. But it's your call ultimately if your water tests well enough to add one. And if you feel your fish are cramped enough as it is :)
Actually my Goby mainly stays at the bottom, the hatchetfishes stays on top, the school of rasbora swim through the middle and sometimes the bottom. My Beta is all over lol. If they poop as much as they do then I might just be happy with my kids I have. :)

Sounds fine to me. Keep an eye on the betta's fins because bbg can be nippy sometimes. IMO, you are not overstocked though.

IMO it is overstocked. 1 betta and 1 school in a ten gallon is overstocked to me. Also. I believe bb gobys are brackish

IMO it is overstocked. 1 betta and 1 school in a ten gallon is overstocked to me. Also. I believe bb gobys are brackish
They are brackish fish but the bbg I have is black banded and they are able to tolerate freshwater pretty well. Even though they do extremely well in brackish water. The other bbg that has bands which are more spotted or not connected can't tolerate freshwater at all and only strictly brackish fish.

They are brackish fish but the bbg I have is black banded and they are able to tolerate freshwater pretty well. Even though they do extremely well in brackish water. The other bbg that has bands which are more spotted or not connected can't tolerate freshwater at all and only strictly brackish fish.

Yep. I have the fw bbg too. They do just fine living out their lives in fw.
Btw, I forgot to add, IMO, feel free to add a snail. I suggest a nerite. They are pretty, and won't reproduce in fw.

Back
Top Bottom