Hi everyone!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corycat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a new fish owner and I just love my lil guys. i brought a second hand 90 ltr maybe 5/6 months ago and thought it would be nice etc but did nothing with it except fill it and put some pretty fish in(!!!) Thankfully I used existing substrate and filter so cycle wasn't too bad I hope. A lot died though but i now realise i didnt have very good mix of fish either!!! I feel awful now I know more and I'm determined to do better!!! Anyway this is my second attempts, my corys and my shrimp are all from my first humbled attempt but the rest have been added since.
I currently think have too many fish (I think, not sure as pet shop said was fine but since I've been reading up i have doubts...)
I have:
2 corycats
4 Molly's
4 blue platy's and 1 Orange that the guy said here you go I'll chuck this in free too (!)
6 Neon Tetra's (the very small kind)
2 shrimp
Bunch of babies (Molly's I think...) 6-8 that iv managed to count so far

I asked for only female fish as I wanted to try for some babies but not to be over run as I've heard that can happen if you're not careful.
Anyway!!!! Sorry for long post but i welcome any helpful advice ???? I've learnt a lot from here already but bear with me as I'm not good at navigating the site yet lol. If you message and I don't reply please don't be offended LOL

He he he,
Quick question. ..I have a small 40 ltr that I got recently for my son's room (he has caught my fishy bug lol ) after I cycled it (done properly this time!!!) We got 3 little frogs and two male plays, next went in 3 Danios. I wondered if I could safely put female mollys in with the male platys. ...will they have fry?

He he he,
Quick question. ..I have a small 40 ltr that I got recently for my son's room (he has caught my fishy bug lol ) after I cycled it (done properly this time!!!) We got 3 little frogs and two male plays, next went in 3 Danios. I wondered if I could safely put female mollys in with the male platys. ...will they have fry?

I don't *think* mollies and platys are cross-fertile (I could be wrong). Platys and swordtails are inter-fertile, though.

Back
Top Bottom