HI new member,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul_219

Aquarium Advice Freak
HI i am new to this website. I have a 29 gal tank with 3 clown laoch 1 finger fish 3 platy 3 sailfin molly 1 common pleco 1 iridiscent shark 2 goldfish. I keep trying to breed my platies they arent breeding. I have 1 male and 2 females. Nice to join ur website.

welcome to the site, it sounds as though you have a great start in the hobby. I too started out with a 29 gallon tank, then upgraded to a 55, and soon to be bigger, as my common pleco, and my spotted highfin pleco will out grow even my 55 gallon. As far as breeding the platies, dont worry, they should breed on their own. Live bearers are some of the easiest fish to mate, just keep a watchful eye on things.

Again, welcome to the site, how big is your pleco? The reason I ask is because he will get too big for the 29, as they can reach lengths of over 1 foot long...

I have a common that started about that size, he is now close to 6 inches, and we've only had him for about 6 months. I'm not tryin to be rude or anything, just tryin to offer some help and advice. You wont need to run right out and get a bigger tank today or anything, but it's something to start looking into.

Welcome to the forum. Your platies will breed and keep you in baby platies once they get comfortable in the tank. A year ago I thought I would never see babies and even in my community tank I am seeing them now.

Welcome..
Those clown loaches are strange ones arent they? I have 1 and still think hes dead sometimes... that sleeping upside down gets me every time

Back
Top Bottom