Hiding inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iodizedfate

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fan shrimp and a mystery snail that both are hiding inside a fake volcano with an air stone in it. It's kind of annoying cause I want to see them. Would it be terrible if I filled the volcano with the filter floss so they couldn't hide out in it? Or should I just remove it entirely? Or maybe I should just leave it... Food and shelter in one easy package...

I would just leave it. Fan shrimp need some current in order to get enough food anyway, so that probably a good place for him to be.
If you want to try to remove it, keep an eye on the shrimp to see if he finds another good place to filter feed or not. If not, then put the volcano back in.

it could die if it doesn't leave, what filter do you have if you get a stronger more powerful filter or change the flow to make it more powerful, it will move on its own

the snail cna be moved, just try removing it, and putting it somethwere else in the tank

Yeah, so apparently all I needed to do was complain... they both cleared out of the volcano today. The snail is munchin through some algea on a castle that I have and the shrimp is just chillen on the other side of the tank. I think the snail ate all of his food in the volcano and forced him to find it elsewhere. We'll see how it works out i guess

Back
Top Bottom