Hitchhiker crab destroying snail population!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trap is set for night two this time with a glass jar. Let's hope for the best. This is a picture of him from earlier today. I think he killed another snail last night :/

Attachments

• image-1974806728.jpg
    image-1974806728.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 146
You defiantly want that out. It looked like a tarantula for second before a double take

I would say just remove the thing and give it to an LFS that has a mantis shrimp or puffer! lol

Does it look like this? It eats corals.

Attachments

• image-1939863979.jpg
    image-1939863979.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 117
duoc9119 said:
I would say just remove the thing and give it to an LFS that has a mantis shrimp or puffer! lol

I was going to edit my post and add "or give it its own tank" lol

I was going to edit my post and add "or give it its own tank" lol

that's just one more mouth to feed and one more tank to clean. haha And I don't really like killing this myself. Just kinda weird. lol ( funny thing is I'm a hardcore carnivore for steaks, eating about 3 steaks a day)

Hahaha yeah he is definitely black and definitely big. But he is not a hairy crab and I don't have any corals so I dot need to worry about that. But he is ruthlessly killing my snails. Still haven't caught him but I'm working on it

Let's go to the last resort! Borrow a mantis shrimp and toss it in your tank! haha Give it a little while and say bye to the crab problem!

Down side? Now you have to worry about getting the mantis shrimp out... lol

Haha that would do the trick! Or I could get another crab and we could have a battle royale haha. I'll keep trying but he's not going down without a fight

Well finally got him tonight! This is a cause to celebrate haha. My snails are finally safe

Attachments

• image-1404489308.jpg
    image-1404489308.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 120
Finally! Lol. I've been waiting too see that crab. Congrats!

Congrats on the successful capture. Black Mithrax crab. Nasty little devils and opportunistic feeders.

Thanks! Took a long time but the angled mason glass jar with marine formula one pellets for bait finally did the trick. No more snails will suffer...that is if I still had snails

Back
Top Bottom