Hitchhikers???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heythereyou94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my tank for about 10 months now and i'm just getting rid of Cyano so I can actually see everything in my tank again haha, after the Cyano I noticed all of these. I'm still very new to this and the last two things I thought were cool turned out to be Cyano and Aiptasia haha (still fighting with the Aiptasia. The tank is FOWLR. Does anyone know what these are? The first picture is of some stringy plant that's all over my tank, the second is of a tiny green fuzzy thing(I looked under a magnifying glass) almost looks like a green fuzzy micro starfish. and the 3rd one is of white knobby white things all over my tank, they were even in my canisters(yes I use canisters haha) Sorry for so much at once but every time I like something its bad for my tank. Thanks guys.
Also I wasn't sure where to put this but under the magnifying glass I saw what looked like tiny pin head sized hermit crabs, is it possible for them to breed in a tank or am I insane? haha

Attachments

• 100_0909.jpg
    100_0909.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_0910.jpg
    100_0910.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_0912.jpg
    100_0912.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 84
3rd pic is of pineapple sponges. Harmless filter feeders. First two are blurry for me. Can't tell.

Just looks like some sponges and whatnot- nothing to be concerned about. I love all the stuff that shows up over time. As for the tiny crabs, you;re probably seeing copepods, which are a good sign. Free dinner for everyone bigger!

Oh and one thing to possibly look out for as time goes on is small hard shelled tube worms. The one's I have at least like to grow inside impeller housing, then envetually they break off and jam up the pump. :p

Back
Top Bottom