Hole in my Cardinals head...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alink708

Aquarium Advice Activist
My largest cardinal has a hole in his head between his eyes,its kind of white in color...then right behind the hole is a lump. Its been there for a few months. He's acting,swiming and eating just fine. No other fish have anything wrong with them. Any idea what it could be? Been trying to get a picture of it for an hour but no luck.

Thanks Fort. 15 minutes of reading so far and it looks like im probably going to try to treat him with the flagyl for hexamitiasis.... I dont see how it could be my paramiters so im guessing its a parasitic thing. Everyone else in the tank is fine. Its wierd,hes the best looking cardinal in there...brightly colored and HUGE and fat!
Do you think I should quarantine him to treat or treat the whole tank? Tank consists of 10-12 cardinals, my pleco and who knows how many erithromicrons. I say who knows because they are so small and hide...plus they are continuously breeding!

Check the others carefully - if there are no signs of distress, and you have the ability to quarantine and treat, then I would definitely recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom