home-made fish food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niggit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was just wondering if anyone had any recipes they use to make their own frozen fish food. i am particularily interested in making a diet suitable for everyday use with my discus.

I feed my community fish with cocktails of froozen bloodworm, froozen brine shrimp, freeze dry dalphian and std fish pellet.

I have done some research on live food as innitially i though they provide better nutrian for the fish but latter i found out live food are actually more dangerous for fish as they might introduce diseases to your tank as normally blood worm, tubifex worm etc live in dirty water.

Froozen is the best as during the froozening and radiation most of the germ and bacteria are kill.

If you brought fresh shrimp from market it might works but you can just buy froozen one from your lfs.

i do offer frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphnia, "discus delight," and another food by hikari, but feeding three large discus exclusively on frozen food starts to get expensive. plus, having four or five different packages of food is starting to take up a lot of room in the freezer. i was hoping to make something myself that included all the aspects of the above offerings in one.

I used 1 of those pill container which contaiin 7 small boxes (monday- sunday). I pre mix the froozen food inside the container once a week so everytime i feed the fish i need only tank out 1 box from my freezer.

Back
Top Bottom