Homemade fishfood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mae140

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys!
I want to give my guys something more nutritious than bloodworms and pellets and have decided to give making my own fishfood a try.
Anyone have any advice or recipes for going about this? :thanks:

Hey guys!

I want to give my guys something more nutritious than bloodworms and pellets and have decided to give making my own fishfood a try.

Anyone have any advice or recipes for going about this? :thanks:

IMO you won't be wrong going with something other than bloodworms. I consider them more of a treat than anything and quite lacking in nutritional value. Also, there are so many recipes on the web but it would also depend on the fish you keep to be able to supply a better answer. Are we talking carnivores, herbivores, etc ? There's also a high debate/discussion in regards to adding garlic as an ingredient. Most recipes I've seen for carnivores consist of some meat ( beefheart, deer heart, hamburger, turkey) base and vitamins.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I currently have omnivores and carnivores, (khuli, dojo, angel, bala, and peacock eel). I was searching google and mainly found interest in is one that includes meat (shrimp, clam, beef liver) and some fruits and veggies (spinach, banana).

However some people were saying don't use bananas?

I haven't checked youtube yet, but I know I want to formulate something that all my fish friends will like.

Back
Top Bottom