honest opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, i need you all to be brutally honest.... I have never considered myself a good aquascaper, it is a real talent, and i am so jealous of many people on here that have a knack for setting their tanks up. I am posting a few pictures of my new tank and wanted some honest opinions, criticism, advice or ideas. Anything is helpful, as im fairly new to the hobby and want to become better at it. Anything you say will be helpful.

Attachments

• P1010448.JPG
    P1010448.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 175
  • P1010449.JPG
    P1010449.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 179
  • P1010450.JPG
    P1010450.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 178
I've learned in my few short months of being a planted freak that triangles mean everything. Nothing should be centered. So, I would move the sword to one side or the other, and try to stick with the taller stuff on that side, going down to the shorter stuff on the other side.

hard scape? Im going to move that large piece to the left, then flow smaller to the right. There is a large sword in the back right, is that fine there?

I tried to move it around a tad...better, worse, the same?

Attachments

• P1010459.JPG
    P1010459.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 158
With the large driftwood its though, it hides, most of what is behind it.

I think it looks better!

I think you should look at some mid ground and foreground plants to add as well.

Also, consider tying some java ferns and java moss to that awesome piece of dw.

good idea.... i do actually have java moss! i just need to take the time to attach it too the wood....would fishing line work?

Just makes it a bit easier for me as I have big fingers... although that is more for java fern than moss... so you probably don't need it.

okay, the java moss i bought was all loose, the lfs i got it from had some on a log and they just ripped some off for me..... it will probably be difficult but ill try my best.

better! I'd add a few bigger rocks around the driftwood, and add either a dark blue or black background to make everything pop.

Rocks you find in your yard rocks I guess. Lol. I'd just pike them up by the driftwood a bit, and around the plants. Adds to the natural look, and gives it more visual contrast (along with hiding spots for fishes!) sorry about the background lol. I didn't see it.

Thanks okay~ Ill keep on the lookout for some nice rocks, i think its a good idea.

How long before i can remove the fishing wire? Im not sure how long it takes for java moss to attach to driftwood

Back
Top Bottom