Honey Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Golden Gouramis

I have 4 Golden Gourami's(three females and a male) in my 25 gallon tank, occasional one female chases the other one and shortly after that she start biting at it, or so it seems to be biting, more like sucking on it occasionally getting a hold of the bottom fin but not actually biting it. Is this normal behavior? They don't bother my Dwarf Gouramis at all.

Last edited:
Okay this morning my huge male golden gouramis was swimming madly and trying to jump out of my tank. I left him alone and when I went to feed them an hour later, he was idling near the bottom. So I scooped him up with no fighting on his part and now have him in the bag to return him today. One of his eyes looks kinda white in color. Did he smack himself silly trying to get out? He is very lethargic and not doing well. I think he is dying, so he goes back to the LFS today. Oh and last night he was kinda pointing down in the tank a few times, but stopped doing it after a few minutes. Any ideas as to whats going on???

We need a lot more info. Amm,trites,trates,ph,temp,stocklist,filtration etc...

All water is great, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, Ph 7.0, Amm 0, water temp 78, 4 dwarf gouramis, 3 golden gouramis(now), 2 angel fish, All fish are juveniles in a 25 gallon tank with two filters, 1 top fin 20 and a tetra whisper 20.

Any ideas would be great. Replaced the golden gouramis with two other Sunset dwarf gouramis today. They seem peaceful enough, but they have only been in the QT for about two hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom