Honeycomb catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes, lonely though probably, you could have several in a 29 if you wanted, depending on the rest of the stock of couse.

I wouldn't..the pellets are OK for him but not only the pellets, these guys are real carnivores and should have live/frozen food in their diet.

I've tried black worms. But he won't swim down. He will only skim the top of the water for food. He swims. Very fast around the top of the tank. That's it.

Well - that's the opposite of how they are supposed to be, lol. That's strange. I would take some worms or whatever it is in my hand and put them right to him behind the filter or where he is. Or it might be less gross to use a turkey baster or tongs or something but I always just use my hands when I need to to hand-feed.

Me too :)
I think that my oil catfish is scarred for life. He was in a tank with fire mouths for about a year. He was at the lfs in a little 10 gallon with fire mouth cichlids for a year. He is a trooper. He comes out in the day time and just stays behind the heater.

Back
Top Bottom