Hooking up RO/DI??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
Ya that's the exact same deal I tried to get but during 2 seperate group buys they sold out so I said screw it and got the 4 stage lol ... Maybe one day ill order my 5th stage .6 micron carbon block canister to finally have my 5 stage Ro/Di that I've wanted haha

I would imagine its pretty easy to add a canister to these??

Ya just unglug a couple lines and plug em into the new canister and the new canister into the unit.. their units are super simple and once you actually get hands on with yours you will realize it couldn't get much easier lol

Ahhh gotcha thanks dude I appreciate all your help! Oh I meant to ask, do you use an overflow or is your tank drilled??

Benamayer said:
Ahhh gotcha thanks dude I appreciate all your help! Oh I meant to ask, do you use an overflow or is your tank drilled??

Drilled which every reef should be imo ;)

Yea, I'm not even using a sump... I saw your overflow box on your tank didn't know if it was an up n over or drilled...

Benamayer said:
Nice! I'm way too paranoid about sumps 8-(

Don't be! I was at first too and once I got hands on with mine I wanted to smack myself cause once again its extremely simple. I highly reccomend reading up on them a little and watch some videos on plumbing and once it clicks for you it will be a cake walk allowing you to customize it to your needs. :)

Yea I know I know.. I just can't get over it lol.... Maybe when I get my 120 or 180 I'll look into it more :cool: but for my 75, I'm just gonna stick with what's comfortable for now.

Hey MRC.. Thanks for the help with this. Been running like a champ :cool:

image-1514135612.jpg

No problem glad I could help :) just remember to flush it and save some life on that membrane between uses.

What do you mean by flush it? Open up the ball valve in-line with the waste line?

Yep that's it and wow I just noticed that this entire thread except three posts are us haha

Haha yea oh well... And yea I flush it for a couple minutes before and after I use it. Should I only do after, or only before, or is both ok?... How long is the membrane typically good for? BRS said a few years, is that true??

My membranes still good at almost a year and I'm due for some prefilter changes but I can't say from experience and yes before and after. Also let it run for a little while before collecting water cause it tends to come out with low TDS readings the first minute or two

Edit* you've got a 5 stage though so you may not have that with an extra prefilter as bad as my 4 stage does and your membrane will last longer with the extra pre filtration

Oh that reminds me... So the inline meter. It read 0 even from when I immediately started putting water through it.. Only on the "out" setting though, it was showing between 14-22 on the "in" setting. Does that sound about right?

Sorry was doing a wc lol but where are the meters plugged into? Before or after which filters?

View attachment 126749

So that's the meter on top. This is the last canister the water filters through before... The "in" and "out" are on the same gauge. "In" is on the left side of the meter , and "out. Is on the right...

I may be wrong but so you are measuring what's going into your Di and your product water?

Back
Top Bottom