Hot glue gun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

citroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I use a hot glue gun on the outside rear of the tank glass, just to tidy one stubborn cable, just a blob of glue to stop it moving, its the heater cable every time I move the lid the cable pops round the corner, I have tried twisting it bending it moving it, its like it has a mind of its own.
:banghead:

Don't see why not??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can I use a hot glue gun on the outside rear of the tank glass, just to tidy one stubborn cable, just a blob of glue to stop it moving, its the heater cable every time I move the lid the cable pops round the corner, I have tried twisting it bending it moving it, its like it has a mind of its own.
:banghead:

Don't know for certain, but thinking hot glue would pop off pretty easily. I don't think it would harm the tank to use it though. Maybe bend a paperclip to make a hook and glue it to the back of the tank top. Then you can still remove the heater later if needed. Just a thought.

I will give all a try but now waiting for my light to come then I can tidy up the wiring.
Thanks all for your replies.

I wouldn't use hot glue on electrical cables. It might damage the insulation on the wire and cause a short, which could start a fire.

Back
Top Bottom