Hot weather!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could try putting a small fan above the tank blowing across the water surface. I think a chiller would be a bit extreme for such a small tank. Welcome to AA!

Gti_Leo said:
i doubt the water will heat up that high, just keep it out of direct sunlight

I writing from Guadalajara, Mexico and the tank is sitting at the living room. I'm monitoring temp with two different thermometers....

I believe he is saying the water is already 82 Leo, not the temp outside. It is probably WAY hotter than 82, it's 85 in Tampa this morning.

oh well 82* isn't that harmful to your system but you can always try putting ice cubes in the water to keep it cool. just place the cubes in a ziplock baggy so the fresh water doesn't get added to the saltwater

Gti_Leo said:
oh well 82* isn't that harmful to your system but you can always try putting ice cubes in the water to keep it cool. just place the cubes in a ziplock baggy so the fresh water doesn't get added to the saltwater

Ok, I will be doing that!! Thanks

truthfully, i think this hobby is expensive for more reasons than the components. i ran my A/C all summer long because of the tank. i like it cold in the house anyway, so, it was an acceptable solution.

truthfully, i think this hobby is expensive for more reasons than the components. i ran my A/C all summer long because of the tank. i like it cold in the house anyway, so, it was an acceptable solution.

isn't your reef in the basement? its cooler there so wouldn't that help keep your temp steady without having the AC on all summer?

but i totally agree just some peopel don't see it that way

holyyyy i didn't think that ther would be enough heat coming off for that, but then again you do have a 150g so it is a larger body of water

When my tank was cycling I had temps getting up to 88-89 degrees. I bought a cheap little clip on fan and did as someone earlier stated and ran it across the surface if the water. I have been maintaining 80-81 degrees now.

Also remember heat rises, so don't let heat accumulate in your stand. Open the doors or buy another cheap clip on stand and circulate the air in your stand.

Yeas AC help but try to help the tank regulate it's own temp.

Back
Top Bottom