How 2 Breed Anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyMaster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody know anything about keeping and breeding anglefish? If so can you please add all u no

Ive had Good luck with my angels breading. Done nothing special and they do it every 2 weeks or so. And they are good Parents as they raise their young well. A few make it rom every batch. First Two angels i had purchased and i got lucky and they are mated. They usually lay on my water onion leaves or the filter intake. I cant tell you the last time i checked my water. So i dint know the parameters. But i do do a 15% water change every Sunday. And they usually lay the day after i change it. This is in a community tank with many other fish.

what do you feed them, how big do they get? is 10inches reasonable in a 29gal.?

I feed tetramin tropical flakes and they also eat tetramin sinking shrimp pellets. The parents chew up the flakes and spit them out to the baby's. A 29 gallon will Be good for Breeding A Pair of Angels. But you must first get a breeding pair. From most recommendations Ive read you should start with 6 Small angels and let them grow up together. With 6 fish their is a 95%chance of at least 1 pair. But once they breed you will need a bigger tank quickly to accommodate the fry and to let them grow..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom