How big is your weekly water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your weekly PWC?

• Total voters
I have a 40g and it stocked pretty normally. And I only do a 50% once a month. My fish are breeding and doing well I have neon's who are very sensitive to dirty water and also a dirty pleco. I've been doing this for a year now. When I water change I do a very heavy gravel vacuuming and also clean out my 110 aquaclear filter.

I have been watching dustinsfistanks videos on youtube and in one he said that after a big water change the plants grow quicker n ive tried it and it is true

I used to do two 50% a week. Now I do one 40% a week because I have floating and tall floppy plants.

As my Friday Ritual I do about 10% simply because of my bucket size :whistle:
My tank is around 100l and I have a bucket of 12l capacity :)
But seeing the amounts above I guess I should be doing TWO round to the toilet...

Oh. And I hoover the gravel and clean the filter sponge at the same time.

I have been watching dustinsfistanks videos on youtube and in one he said that after a big water change the plants grow quicker n ive tried it and it is true

Really? I only do 10% changes and my java ferns grew 3 baby plants on each of their leaves. And its already sprouting and i only put them in for 3 weeks. and i dont put in any nutrients/co2 in there. Maybe cuz its just a java fern which is very hardy?

abrahamavelar said:

Yeah. That's because your replacing nutrients that have been removed by adding fresh water. Another good reason to stay on top of your PWC!

Back
Top Bottom