How do I use my water condioner properly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anddreaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I have a question about my water conditioner it says 5ml, which is approximately one cap full, treats 2 liters of water (0.5 US gal) but I have a Plastic tank for my fish.. It's a bit bigger than the ones you would get at like the fair and it's a lot nicer too but I don't want to put too much conditioner in the tank, if it's possible to put in too much, so is a cap full fine for my fish tank? And I have a few other questions about this
-when cleaning the water can I Put the conditioner directly in the tank or do I mix the water with the conditioner then put it in the tank?
-do I have to wait a certain amount of time after I put in the conditioner before I put my fish in?

The water conditioner should work instantly. It is recommended to put the conditioner in the bucket of new water before it goes in the tank.

bud29 said:
The water conditioner should work instantly. It is recommended to put the conditioner in the bucket of new water before it goes in the tank.

Okay that's you :)
Do you think the dosage is okay for my tank? As there such a thing as putting in too much?

Some people say that you have to let it sit for a couple hour or so. is this true?

Back
Top Bottom