How do I weather proof a Fluval canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm putting a Fluval 404 canister filter on my outdoor pond. I know it's meant for indoor use and it's probably not water resistant from the outside. My question is how do I protect it from the rain and sun?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Small utility structure? Like how people cover their well in areas without city water.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Small utility structure? Like how people cover their well in areas without city water.

Ok so like a roof kind of thing

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What about putting it in a Rubbermaid tub with holes cut for the tubing and the electrical? You could even use aquarium Sealant around the holes to make it waterproof.

Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah. I don't know if you live in the south but the term "pump house" is used a lot. I have seen people make these small structure look very nice and fit w their yard decor. Like a dog house or shed built just for the purpose of holding your equipment. Could also double as storage for other supplies. Just run power to it and there you are. There is also the container option mentioned by dandries if you don't want to build something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom