How do you do a pwc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I typically do anywhere from 25-50% changes weekly. This depends on the tank and how it looks at the time. If its dirty I do more if it's not I do less. I also vary my vacuuming of the substrate based on this aswell, if there is lots of debris I will do a good vacuuming if not I'll just change the water. I recently modified my water changer by adding a longer hose so water changes are easier which helps me motivate myself to do them more frequently.

I do at least a 50% on each larger tank each week, a 100% on my betta tank every 3 days, and two back to back 50% changes on my 5 gallon at least once a week, sometimes twice. The 5 is the only tank with gravel and I vac it completely. The others (except the bare bottom betta tank) have sand so I just suck up everything on top.

I do 25% changes every week, and a 50% monthly. i have sand so i just suck the stuff off the top of it.

I do a 50% every week and gravel vac rinse the filter every week. The big rock gets remove and lightly scrubbed.

Depends on the tank. I do 30% change with an okay gravel vac in my 55g amd 10g and with all of my bettas (<10g) I do at least 50% and a thorough gravel vac. I rinse out the filter pads once a month with the all of the tanks, except in my 55g. I just throw out the pads once a month or so, alternating the filters (I have peguin bio-wheels).

Back
Top Bottom