How do you get rid of snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cameron6796

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a cleaner snail of some sort and it had offspring and now there has been. Hundreds in my tiny little fluval edge ive killed and removed them but still they plague my tank weee little specs covering the glass ugh hellllllllppppppp

It seems that easy but its not they are about 2 mm very tiny and do you know what the opening on the fluval edge is like also very small

They are on the glass and rocks and plants

Attachments

• image-13587319.jpg
    image-13587319.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 128
They are only there because of an overabundance of food. If you lower the amount you feed your fish the problem will generally resolve itself. That being said the snails aren't necessarily a terrible thing, the extra food they are eating would have just been converted into ammonia so I see them as helpful. That being said without tearing apart your entire tank to kill them with extreme prejudice they are there to stay. You might want to try a few assassin snails to keep the population down

I also have a Fluval Edge and had a ton of snails that came in on my plants. I got one assassin snail and within 2 weeks they were all gone. It was kind of creepy to see the empty shells lying around , but satisfying at the same time :)

I had gotten ramshorns with some snails, and having a large Oscar and liking snails i got the bright idea 2 breed the buggers... i found myself over run!! And thanx 2 going in and removing any i can find for the last few weeks before they were big enough 2 breed, i barely have any left!!! Of which the smaller ones are fed 2 my cray and the larger 2 the Oscar... moral of the story... let them grow a bit and they are easier 2 get rid of...

I had a cleaner snail of some sort and it had offspring and now there has been. Hundreds in my tiny little fluval edge ive killed and removed them but still they plague my tank weee little specs covering the glass ugh hellllllllppppppp

I you got a couple of kulih loaches. I'm told they will eat snails.

Kuhli wont afaik... i have 8 and a bunch of snails... botia and yoyo loaches on the other hand... or clowns if you have the room...

Kuhli wont afaik... i have 8 and a bunch of snails... botia and yoyo loaches on the other hand... or clowns if you have the room...

I agree Kuhlis are not snail eaters. Get some yoyos or Pygmy loaches. I have two clowns in my 40 right now but they will eventually make it to my 135 so just be wary of the size they can grow to if you get clowns. Unfortunately there really the only accessible ones in addition to Kuhlis, yoyos aren't stocked yearly by me

I had 4 almost full grown ones in the 55... now i have 8 and still no snails eaten...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom