How fragile are pearlscales dome scales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pearls are more likely to be damaged verses another breed of goldie with flat scales. They also don't necessarily grow back pearled if damaged or lost. :)

The pearls are more likely to be damaged verses another breed of goldie with flat scales. They also don't necessarily grow back pearled if damaged or lost. :)

I know the last part:) but do you know how fragile they are so I know how hard I can handle it like move it with a net If something happens( not that I'm going to handle it roughly haha). Or if it rubs against the glass or an ornament?

I know the last part:) but do you know how fragile they are so I know how hard I can handle it like move it with a net If something happens( not that I'm going to handle it roughly haha). Or if it rubs against the glass or an ornament?

Against the tank glass shouldnt be an issue because it is smooth and does not pull, catch or drag. Ornaments would depend on what they are- a silk or real plant, no big deal but something that is rough, pointed, jagged and so forth may pose an issue. If the ornament will snag or catch on a piece of regular pantyhose (not the super/slimming/longwear type) then they may catch a pearl.

In respect to handling, nets are never a good idea with fancies. Use an open mouth pitcher to scoop up a fish with water or simply clean hands and gently cup the fish by its belly.

Thanks i was just curious!:) mines only 2" and want it to grow with all its domed scales if possible!

Back
Top Bottom