How long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water can get stagnant and if it's going to sit you need to add an airstone to keep movement and oxygen in the water. Why would you want to let water for your tank sit around?

Aging Tank Water

How long can new declorinated water rest in a five gallon bucket before being used?

Hello Straw...

You don't need to age the treated tank water. It can go directly into the tank. I like to make my replacement water a bit warmer than the water in the tank.

My fish like to swim back and forth through the slightly warmer water it as it syphons into the tank.

B

If your asking because you may have possibly mixed too much for a pwc and have some left over that you don't want to just waste "as i have done" in the past, it will be fine for a day or two. If your planning to keep it for "top off" water or another pwc next week then you really should aerate it with an air stone. At the least if kept long term use a smaller bucket to pour, mix it around a few times a day and keep it covered.

Back
Top Bottom