How many fish in a 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently I have 4 cories, 2 platys, 2 mollies, and one gold gourami. Plus ghost shrimp. Would like to get some more fish but I'm unsure if my tank is big enough!

Currently I have 4 cories, 2 platys, 2 mollies, and one gold gourami. Plus ghost shrimp. Would like to get some more fish but I'm unsure if my tank is big enough!

Dont quote me but, I think you might be ok with a few more. I'd start with another Gourami :)

IMO, that is not enough space for 2 gold gouramis plus all the others. You are probably close to stocked. If they all get along ok, and if your filter is good enough, you could maybe add a couple more platys or a couple otos, IMO.

IMO you can probably add a few more especially because shrimp have almost no bio load

What type of cories do you have? I think your pretty stocked up but I would fill out the cories to 6 if they're smaller... I think that maybe 1 or 2 more platies could go in there, depending on how well the fish you have get along...

Jnthn932 said:

Gouramis tend to fight with each other. A 20 is barely big enough for a Gold. I would not try adding another.

You could try adding some small fish, but you'd have to see if your Gourami or Mollies pick on them. A school of 5 Harlequin Rasboras or Zebra Danios might work.

I would do PWC weekly, esp. if you want to add more fish.

Adding another gourami is out of the question. The only reason I have one now is because he was fighting with my roommates gournami lol. I have 3 peppered and 1 julii cat. I was considering completing the herd and then getting 3 or 4 guppies but I don't know. Picking out fish is harder than buying a car!

U sed it I have a 125g and it is still hard to buy fish and make up your mind at the same time it's like a drug it is adickting

lol seriously. Must be nice having a 125 gallon though. you dont have to limit yourself like I do with my 20 gallon.

Adding another gourami is out of the question. The only reason I have one now is because he was fighting with my roommates gournami lol. I have 3 peppered and 1 julii cat. I was considering completing the herd and then getting 3 or 4 guppies but I don't know. Picking out fish is harder than buying a car!
That should be fine. I would go with all male guppies though because though unless you have somewhere to put all the babies. Also, the males tend to stay a bit smaller. :) That sounds like a very pretty and colorful set-up. I would only add like 2 or 3 more corys though. But, keep an eye on those water params! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom