How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flangers

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just started a 35gl tank and wana know what's too many fish in it? I also have 10kg live rock???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It depends on the fish, in salt water. There is no inches per gallon rule that can be used here.
What fish are you considering? Tangs are out of the question, as are the larger angels. A pigmy angel may work, as will clownfish (except for the larger ones).

I have one clown, domino damsel and a blue devil! I was hoping to get a blue tang? Green clown goby? An anthea? Another clown and maybe one more? Why ya say no tangs???

I have one clown, domino damsel and a blue devil! I was hoping to get a blue tang? Green clown goby? An anthea? Another clown and maybe one more? Why ya say no tangs???

Your tank is WAY too small for a tang. You should do a lot more research online as to fish that would be good for that size tank before setting your hopes too high. As well, depending on the species of blue devil you have, that too may be way too small for that tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

No to anthias, and yes to clown goby.
Nano Fish
Any of those fish will work, as well as some from the main salt water area on that site. Just check minimum tank sizes and also the fish in question's full grown size before purchase.
Absolutely no tangs in a 35 gallon tank. They will eventually be stressed to the point of lowering their immune system and start failing. Ich, or some other disease will take them.

The domino is quite aggressive to devil! I just got a second diotom bloom is that normal in a new enough tank??

The domino is quite aggressive to devil! I just got a second diotom bloom is that normal in a new enough tank??

Yes that's normal in a tank use RO/DI water. I would stock "Nemo" 2 Lawnmower Blenny, Chromis 4

Back
Top Bottom