How many have mts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benji-star

Aquarium Advice Activist
All right I have a question how many of you have more than one tank. I have been doing this for less than a year and I have two tanks. And I have just discovered that i am getting another for X-mas. So how many have more than one tank and how many tanks do you have if you do have more than one?

8~
Office:
10 gal hex tank
Home:
50 gal community tank
80 gal Mbuna tank
10 gal shellie tank
20 gal Lake Tang tank
25 gal Badis badis tank
29 gal brackish tank
5 gal betta tank
10 gal baby lobster tank

Hmmm, I guess that makes 9 8O

10 right now.. but then hey, most aren't set up.. of the ones that currently have things in them that go *swim*, five.

As sad as it seems, I'm just holding off since I'll be moving soon. It's easier to move an empty tank than an empty tank, gravel, water, fish, decorations, plants, driftwood..

I've been doing this for less then 6 months and I have 2, but does it count if 1 of them is empty?

I'm trying to cut back, and am down to 3 active tanks(120 / 33 / 15 gal) and 1 goldfish/koi pond.

Although I am having an itch to start a Chcilid shelly tank, those little guys are a hoot to watch.

Been with the hobby since march-ish. I just set up my 3rd tank, a 55 gallon, and I am shutting down the 5 gallon to become a QT tank after Thanksgiving. Right now it is housing 2 african dwarf frogs :D

I got my first fish tank 2 months ago and now I have 4 tanks :) I got it bad!

18 months. 6 tanks:

Office:
5.5g pygmy rasbora planted
Home:
5.5g bumblebee goby brackish planted (in progress)
10g saltwater coral reef (in progress)
10g dwarf puffer planted
29g freshwater community
40g amazon blackwater biotope

I get a lot of exercise moving water, like in the movies where the kung-fu master makes the aspiring martial artist perform seemingly meaningless menial tasks to prove himself (juggling coconuts, jogging with buckets of water, etc.)...

1 125 Gallon FOWLR
1 55 Galon Fresh, that I am actually in the process of setting up right now, cleaning it out tonight and adding decorations.

I got my first tank on Aug 1st and now have three..two are up and running and the third is a 90 gal that will be FOWLR..so I'm slowly getting the equip i will need..should have that one up in a few months

I've been keeping fish since I was a kid, so probably 20+ years.
I've had MANY different tanks over the years.
Right now I have 6 tanks:

180gal Oscar tank
55gal African Cichlid tank
10 gal Betta tank(1 Male 2 Females)
10gal Betta tank
5gal Betta tank(sons)
2.5 gal Betta tank(lil girls)

I am guilty of owning 6 currently.

Currently set up not counting SW QT I have 3:
75g SW Living room
25g FW Kids bedroom (under the guise it is theirs :) )
5.5g FW Office

I have had as many as 5 running and stocked when I was breeding, but then I have been at this for almost 14 years. :roll:

It is a great addiction :wink:

Just 45 tanks currently. :p

I suppose that since I have been doing this for 34 years, I could argue that is slightly more than one tank per year, but the truth of the matter is that it would likely be more like 75, but I am running out of places to put them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom