How many neon tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have 2 glo tetras , a harlequin rasbora and my fantail in a 30g tank. But before anyone jumps me because of the goldfish don't bother because it isn't going to be in there in a week. It's going in a new tank and getting a new goldfish buddy. But I need tetra stocking advice .i want neons to go along with the glo tetras and the harlequin . How many neons would be a good little "school" to have in a 30 g tank. Also do I need more glo tetras? Or will they join up with the neons? I didn't think they would since they are bigger but I don't know much about fish at All lol does the harlequin need a buddy like it as well? Sorry I have like 10 questions all jumbled into one post, i just kept thinking if questions!

You would need to get 3 more glo tetras and 3 or 4 more harlequins. You could always add an additional 5 neon tetra's, but it's up to the neon's and glo's if they want to school together, some do some don't.

Thank you ! Do you think the glo tetras would bully the neons since they're bigger than them? Also I was wondering what other fish would go along with the neon and glo tetras and harlequin ? I honestly don't want another harlequin lol but if I have to ill get em. Just curious to know what other fish could go with the group I've got( and the ones i plan to get) thanks :)

Harlequins are beautiful shoaling fish - but shoals of 6 or more are what make them most courageous. I also find that if you up the numbers, their colors are better because they aren't stressed.

Yea mine is pretty, when the light catches it just right it's side shimmer green and purple :) beautiful !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom